2017 Friends Pinot Noir
Two tonnes of the highly sought after MV6 clone of Pinot were hand harvested from our winery block in early March 2017 and 90 % was placed in two small fermenters without crushing, in other words whole bunches. The other 10% was crushed over the whole bunches as a protective juice cover. A spontaneous wild yeast ferment started after around a week and was allowed to run for three weeks before I hopped into the fermenters and foot stomped the berries off the stalks. The whole lot then was pressed off skins and stalks in our tiny hand operated basket press. After 11 months in a mixture of new and second use French barrels it was bottled in late February 2018 and has had a further year of calm contemplation in bottle.
In my estimation it is now ready to make its debut………..over to you!